Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 13 year old child managed to get round the screen time parental controls without the password

So how can I report the following to Apple? My 13 Year old has an iphone 6 set up with screen time limits. There is a limit on Safari as you would expect. But he has found a back door! Going through settings and Passwords and accounts, he goes to Password for Web/apps scrolls down to google.com and chooses "change password for this site" (By the way the exact wording may be slighty different as his phone is set up in French). Anyway this takes him into Safari from where he is free to browse away to his hearts content. It is counted by Apple as screentime but is categorised as time spent in 'settings'. And there is no time limit you can put on settings!! He'd been spending A LOT of time in 'settings' until we discovered this back door. So if your kid is spending time in settings then that's why. Either that or he/she likes changing their ringtone every two minute (sorry that's a dad joke, which 13 year old cares about ring tones these days). btw aswell as giving him a right dressing down I did acknowledge his ingenuity.

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 30, 2021 1:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2021 1:39 PM

StrawDragon wrote:

So how can I report the following to Apple? My 13 Year old has an iphone 6 set up with screen time limits. There is a limit on Safari as you would expect. But he has found a back door! Going through settings and Passwords and accounts, he goes to Password for Web/apps scrolls down to google.com and chooses "change password for this site" (By the way the exact wording may be slighty different as his phone is set up in French). Anyway this takes him into Safari from where he is free to browse away to his hearts content. It is counted by Apple as screentime but is categorised as time spent in 'settings'. And there is no time limit you can put on settings!! He'd been spending A LOT of time in 'settings' until we discovered this back door. So if your kid is spending time in settings then that's why. Either that or he/she likes changing their ringtone every two minute (sorry that's a dad joke, which 13 year old cares about ring tones these days). btw aswell as giving him a right dressing down I did acknowledge his ingenuity.

You can let Apple know here Product Feedback - Apple

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2021 1:39 PM in response to StrawDragon

StrawDragon wrote:

You can let Apple know here Product Feedback - Apple

My 13 year old child managed to get round the screen time parental controls without the password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.