Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Kids bypass screen time limits from parents Lock Screen

Seems my kids have learned a new way to bypass Apple's screen time limits. Forget using Messages with YouTube links, changing the system date, or all the other hacks. Those are old battles that were marginally win-able. My 11 year old has learned how to grant herself, AND HER BROTHER, any screen time request they submit. She submits the request and then walks over to any other device in the house with the parent as the Apple ID (iPhone, iPad, MacBook, etc). (Devices are on iOS 13.3) On the Lock Screen, she touches and holds the screen time request notification until it produces a screen time drop down menu to approve the request for 15 minutes, 1 hour, or All Day. Of course, she picks All Day. Smart kid. Unless I want to hide all my devices, which is a losing battle, there is no workaround. Will Apple fix this bug?

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 5, 2020 5:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2020 5:18 PM

you can report issues here - Product Feedback - Apple\

Did you see if you can also prevent that from showing up on the lock screen by going to settings>Face ID/Touch ID & passcode>allow on lock screen?

Similar questions

4 replies

Jan 5, 2020 6:18 PM in response to sfdjmc

Will Apple fix this bug?

Your child will not respect the limits having a smartphone comes with and you see this as a bug?

No phone manufacturer will ever "win" the whack-a-mole game that controlling a determined user that does not want to respect the rules has become.

Not a popular point of view, but your child should be given a flip phone for a period of time.

Kids bypass screen time limits from parents Lock Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.