Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen share and screen recording aren't working on Macbook Air 2020

I have a Macbook Air 2020 and for some reason I can not share my screen. I am able to record it with the Cmd + Shift 5, but when I would like to share my screen on Zoom or on Webex it says I have to approve it in the System Preference-s where the Screen Recording settings are inactive. I am not able to approve or add said programs. Does anyone else have the same problem or has found a solution?

MacBook, macOS 11.2

Posted on Jul 1, 2021 8:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2021 11:31 AM

Hello ronizana,

Thanks for reaching out through the Apple Support Communities about that difficulty with giving access to those apps to record your screen.

To verify, are you following the steps from this article when attempting to make that adjustment? Control access to screen recording on Mac Keep in mind you may need to click on the padlock icon in the lower left of the Security & Privacy window first.

If so, does that still persist after updating to the latest macOS 11.4? Update macOS on Mac

Hopefully those resources will put you on the path to getting this addressed.

Take care.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2021 11:31 AM in response to ronizana

Hello ronizana,

Thanks for reaching out through the Apple Support Communities about that difficulty with giving access to those apps to record your screen.

To verify, are you following the steps from this article when attempting to make that adjustment? Control access to screen recording on Mac Keep in mind you may need to click on the padlock icon in the lower left of the Security & Privacy window first.

If so, does that still persist after updating to the latest macOS 11.4? Update macOS on Mac

Hopefully those resources will put you on the path to getting this addressed.

Take care.

Screen share and screen recording aren't working on Macbook Air 2020

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.