Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dolby Atmos works with Apple related content on Apple 4K but not with any of the Apps (Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney Plus

Dolby Atmos does get recognized and works only on Native Apple TV and Apple Music but not on third party apps like Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+Hotstar in India on Denon X4700H AVR. If there was any problem with the Dolby Atmos setup, then it wouldn't have recognized the content on native Apple eco system. I get only PCM 2.0 and the AVR upscales it everytime to DTS Neural. The resultant is not that pleasant as against the original Dolby Atmos. I purchased Apple TV 4K + (2021) thinking that this will be more stable equipment. Unfortunately, I didn't find much literature or help from any discussin thread (from other technical forums too). Would appreciate if somebody else has also faced similar problem and resolved the same. Apple TV 4K is connected to my AVR. In the setup under Audio, there is only one option that is appearing viz., TV Speakers i.s.o Denon X4700H AVR. May be this is an issue because of which only PCM audio is being inputted i.s.o Dolby Atmos (whereever available).

Pl. suggest.

Apple TV, tvOS 14

Posted on Jul 1, 2021 8:48 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Jul 2, 2021 11:35 AM in response to PrashanthMP

Greetings, PrashanthMP.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. We can understand why you’d want to know more about using spatial audio with Dolby Atmos.

This feature is available for Apple Music. “If you subscribe to Apple Music, you can listen to select songs in spatial audio with Dolby Atmos. Get a multidimensional experience that goes beyond just listening to music and makes you feel like you’re inside of it. And listen on any headphones, the built-in speakers on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac, and with Apple TV 4K.” About spatial audio with Dolby Atmos in Apple Music 

We hope this helps! Don’t hesitate to reach out with questions. 

Sincerely.

Jul 2, 2021 11:12 PM in response to SnickZ.

Thanks Snicks for your revert. However many query is not regarding Spatial music or Dolby Atmos on Apple Tv or iTunes music or movies, it is w.r.t getting Dolby Atmos on third party apps viz., Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hotstar+Disney wherever the contents are having Atmos. Let me give my HT set up. Apple tv 4k (2021) is connected to Denon X4700H (2020 8K AV receiver which supports all latest audio & video codecs with the latest firmware upgraded) connected through HDMI 2.1 (Certified Dhvis) to 4k HDMI 2.1 port. Then Demon's HDMI out(2.1 port) connected to BenqTk800 4k projector via HDMI 2.0 fibreoptic HDMI cable. Audio ports of AVR connected HT setup 5.1.2 speaker setup. Now coming to setup inApple TV 4k, Audio output is defaulted to "TV speakers". No choice available for Denon AVR. Audio format is set to Auto, Immersive Audio is "Dobly Atmos is set to "on" and Change format "Off". Other Audio settings which I hv tried Audio Mode "auto" or " 16bit". iTunes Music & TV shows-≥quick start≥on.

I think I have given all relevant setups I hv in my equipment. I m able to get Dolby Atmos logo ,& the content recognised if I m watching watching Apple tv or iTines movies but not on Netflix, prime, Disney+. Only Pcm 2.0 audio is shown as audio input & getting upscaled to 5.1 or 7.1 in my AVR, instead of getting input from Apple tv as Atmos. Hope I have explained my scenario ,& should be helpful in providing suggestions/technical help.

Thanks & regards

Dolby Atmos works with Apple related content on Apple 4K but not with any of the Apps (Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney Plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.