Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dolby Atmos playback

Hello there! My Apple TV 4K unit has stopped playing Dolby Atmos on all of the movies that I bought from the Apple Store. It plays Atmos titles for Netflix, Disney, and Prime Video just fine. I played the same bought movies through AppleTV+ app on the Roku, and it plays the proper Atmos soundtrack just fine (ironic isn’t, the Apple Movie purchased plays perfectly on my Roku 4K player; while my Apple TV 4K is not able to play it). The Apple TV 4K plays it as “Multichannel” which is not right. Before the last update, my Apple TV 4K played the same movie in Atmos, just fine, but after, … multichannel garbage. I’ve swapped receivers (yes, both receivers are 4K, Atmos, hdmi2.1, and hdcp2.2 certified).Does anyone have the same problem? Please let me know.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 15

Posted on Jun 2, 2022 9:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2022 6:45 AM

Verify that Apple TV’s audio format is still set to include Atmos when available.

Adjust other audio settings - Adjust video and audio settings on Apple TV - Apple Support

Apple TV 4K is supposed to output Dolby Atmos in Dolby MAT format, which is very much like Multichannel PCM with Atmos meta data [1], and might be ID’ed as ‘Multichannel’ by some audio systems.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2022 6:45 AM in response to THX_Pro

Verify that Apple TV’s audio format is still set to include Atmos when available.

Adjust other audio settings - Adjust video and audio settings on Apple TV - Apple Support

Apple TV 4K is supposed to output Dolby Atmos in Dolby MAT format, which is very much like Multichannel PCM with Atmos meta data [1], and might be ID’ed as ‘Multichannel’ by some audio systems.

Dolby Atmos playback

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.