Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Water damage

I dropped my phone 12 in the toilet the other day for about less then 3 seconds about yesterday afternoon and it would charger at night but then this afternoon when I tried to charge my phone it doesn’t want to charge at all.

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 1, 2021 8:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2021 8:45 AM

Your iPhone is not water proof. Regardless on how short of a time it spent in the toilet. Chances are water entered into your iPhone and is potentially damaging it. I suggest that you stop using it and make sure it is powered-off. Don't waste your time placing it in a desiccant (like rice) as this does not really work. Instead, make a Genius Bar appointment at your local Apple Store or Authorized Apple Repair facility to have it looked at.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2021 8:45 AM in response to arii291

Your iPhone is not water proof. Regardless on how short of a time it spent in the toilet. Chances are water entered into your iPhone and is potentially damaging it. I suggest that you stop using it and make sure it is powered-off. Don't waste your time placing it in a desiccant (like rice) as this does not really work. Instead, make a Genius Bar appointment at your local Apple Store or Authorized Apple Repair facility to have it looked at.

Water damage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.