Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't sign into iCloud on Mojave 10.14.6; no documented solutions are working

I can sign into iCloud on my iPhone, iPad, and even the appstore on my Mac. But not through the Mac system preferences. Not the iCloud preferences nor Internet Accounts. I type in my Apple ID and (correct) password, and after watching a spinning loading icon for a few seconds, I'm brought back to an empty Apple ID field, with no error message.

I tried:

sudo -v ; killall -9 accountsd com.apple.iCloudHelper ; defaults delete MobileMeAccounts ; mkdir ~/Library/Accounts/Backup ; mv ~/Library/Accounts/*.sqlite* ~/Library/Accounts/Backup/ ; killall -9 accountsd com.apple.iCloudHelper ; sudo reboot

which did not work. I tried temporarily moving

~/Library/Accounts/Application\ Support/iCloud

and the system seems to never generate any new contents.

I also tried the answer here:

https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/338806/re-upgrade-to-macos-mojave-esp-parts-relating-to-icloud-without-loosing-data/341371#341371

I also tried creating a new admin user and logging into iCloud from there; this does not work either.\

Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 1, 2021 1:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2021 1:43 PM

Hello, jphollowed.

This is quoted from the thread you linked above:

"Without knowing the root cause of your iCloud issues it‘s impossible to say what exactly will help to solve it. You can reinstall macOS Mojave from Recovery (Cmd-R), and there is an option to install it without deleting your data. Whether this will solve your issues remains to be determined. And, as far as I know, there is no way of rerunning just parts of the installation."

I agree that reinstalling the macOS is probably close to being the next best step.

Before doing that, however, try doing a Safe boot restart.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support 

Does the problem persist while in Safe mode? 

Exit safe mode by restarting your Mac normally and re-evaluate the issue again after a normal reboot.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2021 1:43 PM in response to jphollowed

Hello, jphollowed.

This is quoted from the thread you linked above:

"Without knowing the root cause of your iCloud issues it‘s impossible to say what exactly will help to solve it. You can reinstall macOS Mojave from Recovery (Cmd-R), and there is an option to install it without deleting your data. Whether this will solve your issues remains to be determined. And, as far as I know, there is no way of rerunning just parts of the installation."

I agree that reinstalling the macOS is probably close to being the next best step.

Before doing that, however, try doing a Safe boot restart.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support 

Does the problem persist while in Safe mode? 

Exit safe mode by restarting your Mac normally and re-evaluate the issue again after a normal reboot.

Can't sign into iCloud on Mojave 10.14.6; no documented solutions are working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.