Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contact Smart Group to e-mail not working?

CONTACT Smart Group to e-mail not working?

When in CONTACTS and you select a Smart Group - then select “E mail to “Group”, CHROME opens and it opens Century Link with an e-mail login screen? i.e. it doesn’t go to my e-mail App or any of my e-maIl accounts?

OR

When in CONTACTS and you select a Smart Group - then select “E mail to “Group”, then do a COPY and directly open one of my email accounts, then do a PASTE into the “TO:” box - the APP CRASHES — Either way I cannot email to a group of contacts???

Is there a way to set a default e-mail address in CONTACTS?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 1, 2021 6:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2021 10:14 AM

I was trying to CopyPpaste a Smart Group. But I now am using just a Group (not Smart Group) and all is well.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I really don't need a Smart Group to email my members. A Group works just fine and I set the default to automatically expand the list so I can check if all are there.

Good forum .. very .. helpful

Johnny G

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2021 10:14 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

I was trying to CopyPpaste a Smart Group. But I now am using just a Group (not Smart Group) and all is well.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I really don't need a Smart Group to email my members. A Group works just fine and I set the default to automatically expand the list so I can check if all are there.

Good forum .. very .. helpful

Johnny G

Jul 2, 2021 2:21 AM in response to Geistownjohnny

There are a few different problems in play here.

What is your default mail application? Whether from a smart group or a regular group, choosing "Send email to (group name)" opens your default mail application. In my case, that is the system Mail application.

If you use a different one, you still have to open Mail and select the desired application:

There is a known bug in that sending e-mail to a smart group is not working, but sending e-mail to a regular group works fine, I use this all the time.

I don't understand what you mean by

When in CONTACTS and you select a Smart Group - then select “E mail to “Group”, then do a COPY

Can you clarify? Copy what, where?

Contact Smart Group to e-mail not working?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.