Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Face ID secure if I lost my iPad?

Is face id secure if i lost my ipad

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 2, 2021 2:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2021 2:28 AM

Yes. If you used Face ID on that device, it has certainly a passcode too.

In such a situation, see also the steps provided in this support article:--> If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

and/or this one:--> Use the Find My app to locate a missing device or item - Apple Support

Regards

Giulio

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2021 2:28 AM in response to peterfrommorristown

Yes. If you used Face ID on that device, it has certainly a passcode too.

In such a situation, see also the steps provided in this support article:--> If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

and/or this one:--> Use the Find My app to locate a missing device or item - Apple Support

Regards

Giulio

Jul 2, 2021 2:28 AM in response to peterfrommorristown

Yes, your iPad and its encrypted data are secure.

Here is Apple’s advice for lost or stolen devices:

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch is lost or stolen – Apple Support

Use the Find My app to locate a lost or stolen device – Apple Support

If the Find My iPad feature was enabled prior to it being “misplaced”, then if active, you would stand a good chance of locating it. 

However, if the feature was not activated prior to being misplaced - or the iPad has been inactive for more than 24 hours, the last known location will not be available - and the opportunity to use technical means to recover the iPad have been lost.

Is Face ID secure if I lost my iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.