Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

4th Gen Apple TV Screensaver Not Changing

This has been going on for several months and I've mostly ignored it but was hoping someone else may be having the same issue and can recommended a fix.

For a while now the only arial screensaver that comes up is "Passing Downtown Los Angeles" and it's always the night scene no matter what time of day it is. Of course normally I'd see about a half-dozen or more random arial screensavers from London to Hawaii or some of the underwater scenes all in various times of day based on my local time but all I'm getting is the Downtown L.A. scene.

I've tried switching out to different types of screensavers like the images of animals and landscapes with varying layouts like Origami then switch it back to arial scenes but it just goes back to Downtown L.A.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 14

Posted on Jul 2, 2021 8:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2021 8:52 AM

Without seeing your settings, the basics to try are unplug the Apple TV from power for a couple of minutes and then plug in again and test. Also verify your version of TV OS is up-to-date. Finally if neither of these items work, then give AppleCare a phone call.

Similar questions

2 replies

Jul 4, 2021 9:21 AM in response to rkaufmann87

I have automatic updates enabled but I checked anyway and yes, I'm running the latest version of tvOS. I also unplugged the box for about 5 minutes but that didn't help either.

I also went into the Aerial theme settings and clicked "Hide" on the cityscapes but that didn't help as it still continued to show the Downtown L.A. scene. I then hid all categories of Aerial themes and once again, Downtown L.A.. And with each theme hidden accessing the Preview still only brought up the one scene.

This is hardly an emergency and it doesn't impact any other functions but it is frustrating not to be able to see the other Aerial scenes like I used to. Anyway, I suppose this means I'll have to reach out to Apple Support.

As an aside I have a 4th Gen Apple TV (non-4K) in another room that works perfectly and is also using the most recent version of tvOS (14.6). I can swipe through a plethora of Aerial themes in both screensaver mode and the preview mode in Settings.

Thanks for your help! 👍🏽

4th Gen Apple TV Screensaver Not Changing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.