Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an old ipod classic 160gb with 1500 songs on it. works fine when connected to my 2020 honda. when connected to my PC shows library with all songs but they are grayed out. How can I fix this issue.thanks

I have an old ipod classic 160gb with 1500 songs on it. works fine when connected to my 2020 honda. when connected to my PC shows library with all songs but they are grayed out. How can I fix this issue.thanks

Posted on Jul 2, 2021 9:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2021 9:51 AM

They’re greyed out to show you can’t or edit these tracks. You must have added the songs to this iPod using a different Mac. There are tools to copy these tracks over but it’s designed this way prevent piracy.

If you still have all these tracks in iTunes (Music) in the Mac you’d need to resync the iPod to this Mac and it’ll copy the tracks back over and allow for editing again.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2021 9:51 AM in response to rocker1264

They’re greyed out to show you can’t or edit these tracks. You must have added the songs to this iPod using a different Mac. There are tools to copy these tracks over but it’s designed this way prevent piracy.

If you still have all these tracks in iTunes (Music) in the Mac you’d need to resync the iPod to this Mac and it’ll copy the tracks back over and allow for editing again.

Jul 4, 2021 5:30 AM in response to rocker1264

The content of a connected classic that is synced to iTunes will typically show up in grey. When the device is manually managed the content will be listed in black, and you are able to edit it and/or play it directly from the device. If this content is only on your device then recover it using the link Phil posted above, then backup your library for security.

tt2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.