Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After deleting files from iCloud Drive, how long until space is recovered?

I filled up my iCloud Storage. So I went to iCloud Drive and deleted many GBs of files. I checked Recently Deleted Files, and nothing is there. But still, even hours later, my iCloud Storage is reported as 100% full. Is there some kind of delay until the space is recovered, and I can start syncing with iCloud Drive again?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 2, 2021 2:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2021 8:57 PM

See the section - If your files don't update to iCloud Drive in the article Access iCloud Drive files from your iPhone and other devices - Apple Support

The most important is iCloud storage , documents and other inbuilt applications synced having data in them occupy , if any other device like iPhone / iPad / other Mac are synced with primary Mac syncing between devices can take hours and high network speed is essential .

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2021 8:57 PM in response to ajssd

See the section - If your files don't update to iCloud Drive in the article Access iCloud Drive files from your iPhone and other devices - Apple Support

The most important is iCloud storage , documents and other inbuilt applications synced having data in them occupy , if any other device like iPhone / iPad / other Mac are synced with primary Mac syncing between devices can take hours and high network speed is essential .

After deleting files from iCloud Drive, how long until space is recovered?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.