Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i download macos big sure 11.2.3 version?

I would like to download macOS big sure 11.2.3 version for a bootable external drive since the system installed on MacBook pro 2020 (M1) does not see a drive to install to, so I get stuck in the process. it feels there is nothing I can do.

I would like to stay with the original system since I hear from lots of people they want to downgrade from the 11.4 to the lower one. So I want to try to do it with a bootable drive.

I don't find that option on the official apple site, and that would be my preferred source of software.

and if you are curious why I need it in the first place, well I migrated my old mac to the new one, but I had problems with accessing any folder, the mac would not open them claiming their source is not there. Since my old one had some issues, I decided it is safer to restore it and start fresh without migrating than to fix this problem. I followed the official instructions to erase the drive, though afterwords the installer would not work as expected, also using the codes in the terminal provided in apple instruction would not work, there was an error "curl fail writing body". Now I am quite non-it-person, but just followed instructions that seemed to be clear. And I remember from my Linux times that those instructions usually worked well and there was plenty of support. So now I look for a solution to fix this.

I appreciate your support. :)

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Jul 3, 2021 1:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2021 1:11 AM

When Apple introduces a new version of the macOS for example 11.4 they remove

the previous full installer from the App Store, therefore the full installer version

for 11.2.3 no longer exists.

The only way to go back would be to restore from a 11.2.3 backup made prior to installing 11.4.

Similar questions

3 replies

how can i download macos big sure 11.2.3 version?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.