Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone shows my wife’s Apple ID and not mine. How do I correct that? It constantly asked me to put in her password for her Apple ID.

When I initially got my phone I put in my wife’s ID number not knowing since I have never owned an Apple product before. Now I have put my Apple ID and password in but I still get pop-ups that want me to put her information in. How do I get this to stop and only reference my Apple ID?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 3, 2021 8:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2021 11:30 AM

Check the App Store and iTunes Store to see if there are any updates for apps/purchases. A request for another Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. After deleting the apps, it may be necessary to restart the device/computer before you can download the apps again. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review.   

Or you can try to set up Family Sharing  between the IDs to keep access to your purchases.

Family Sharing.         

Family Sharing - Set up.        

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2021 11:30 AM in response to Mayboy71

Check the App Store and iTunes Store to see if there are any updates for apps/purchases. A request for another Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. After deleting the apps, it may be necessary to restart the device/computer before you can download the apps again. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review.   

Or you can try to set up Family Sharing  between the IDs to keep access to your purchases.

Family Sharing.         

Family Sharing - Set up.        

My phone shows my wife’s Apple ID and not mine. How do I correct that? It constantly asked me to put in her password for her Apple ID.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.