Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music having problems with iOS 14.6

the last month or so I have noticed that the music app with Apple Music won’t play all of my music. I have tried everything I can think of and have even googled it trying to find help. It will start playing fine, but once I try to go to another song it will freeze. Sometimes it will switch to another song but most times it doesn’t.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 3, 2021 12:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2021 9:17 AM

Hi Lunathemoonkitty,

It looks like you're having some issues with Apple Music. Does force closing the app when this occurs change anything: Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch.

If you haven't already, a simple but effective troubleshooting step is to Restart your iPhone. You mentioned completing some steps already, so if you've tried those, contact Apple Support for further assistance: Get Support.

Cheers!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2021 9:17 AM in response to Lunathemoonkitty

Hi Lunathemoonkitty,

It looks like you're having some issues with Apple Music. Does force closing the app when this occurs change anything: Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch.

If you haven't already, a simple but effective troubleshooting step is to Restart your iPhone. You mentioned completing some steps already, so if you've tried those, contact Apple Support for further assistance: Get Support.

Cheers!

Jul 5, 2021 8:41 PM in response to i_rina

Hi I am having the same issue. All songs on my phone are downloaded. Any version - lossless, high quality or dolby atmos will not play. Some songs will begin and then cut off at the 15 second mark and some will skip songs altogether and not play at all. My iOS is 14.6. I have attempted restarting my phone and restarting the Music app. Nothing seems to work for me.

Jul 18, 2021 7:49 PM in response to eddiebelize

I recently purchased a brand new 256gb iPod for the reason of having my entire music library on it so that I can access it any time without wifi. This is essentially the only reason I bought this iPod. Now with newest update I’ve encountered the same issues with downloaded content not playing after 15 sec. and not working at all in my car! I’ve spoken to 3 senior advisor and done everything they all suggested and still this issue persists. I am going on 3 days of frustration and am ready to change over my entire ecosystem to Android if this isn’t resolved soon with an iOS update. So many people are experiencing this issue which has never been an issue in the past.

Apple Music having problems with iOS 14.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.