Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New phone number new device

How can I access my old iCloud mail I recently bought a new device and I couldn’t sign in using my iCloud login I usually use because a verification code is sent to my old phone number so I’m wondering how I can change my phone number to access my old iCloud account?

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 3, 2021 11:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2021 7:27 PM

See if anything here helps.  If necessary, you can use account recovery as explained in the link at bottom of the article.

Verification code - how to get one and sign in with two-factor authentication.   

If you can get a verification code, sign into your Apple ID. You need to change/add the number on your Apple ID. You may have to add the new number before you can remove the old number. After the change, allow up to 24 hours for the change to sync. Before trying to make the change, sign out of Messages/FaceTime on all devices/computers.

Apple ID - Manage  

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2021 7:27 PM in response to Apeextinajess

See if anything here helps.  If necessary, you can use account recovery as explained in the link at bottom of the article.

Verification code - how to get one and sign in with two-factor authentication.   

If you can get a verification code, sign into your Apple ID. You need to change/add the number on your Apple ID. You may have to add the new number before you can remove the old number. After the change, allow up to 24 hours for the change to sync. Before trying to make the change, sign out of Messages/FaceTime on all devices/computers.

Apple ID - Manage  

Jul 4, 2021 2:17 AM in response to Apeextinajess

The Apple ID say example1@icloud.com exists on server and you know the password and its account credentials , however that is signed in the device iPhone .

If you remember the trusted number and yet it is verified in the account , visit your cellular service centre with personal identification proofs .

If the account is set with two factor authentication from iPhone .

Issue a sim on behalf of the same number and insert the sim Set up cellular service on iPhone - Apple Support

In a new iPhone that is purchased Turn on and set up iPhone - Apple Support

The Apple ID and password is active so is the 2FA active on the iCloud server , once a new trusted number is added the code will start appearing on the new trusted number , and the person can access the account .

See the article Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

Then access the account and remove an old inactive verified number from the account .

Go to your Apple ID account page and enter your Apple ID and password.

In the Security section, click Edit.

Click Add a Trusted Phone Number. 

To add a number, enter the phone number and verify it with a text. 

To remove a number, click cross sign next to the phone number you want to remove. 

Note : you don't need account recovery from the server as Apple ID and password are known to you How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

New phone number new device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.