Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone alert regarding password security

I was attempting to sign into an app (it has a stored password and user name, so it should have happened automatically) when what I think was an alert from Apple popped up saying that stored passwords on a number of sites I use had been compromised through data leaks and should be changed. I Googled information about that, and it seems to be a legitimate message. I followed the directions in an article from a Mac-related publication about checking password security in settings to see which might have been compromised and found some that I think should be updated ASAP. But before I go down that road, is this actually a message from Apple?

iPhone SE

Posted on Jul 3, 2021 8:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2021 9:05 PM

Apple is issuing password warnings, though whether this is or is not an Apple message I can’t tell from here.

But you can check your password security: Settings > Passwords > Security Recommendations

See how many recommendations are listed, and with what severity.

1 reply

iPhone alert regarding password security

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.