Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

new iphone 12 pro max showing 2 icloud back ups...

I dropped my iPhone 11 pro in 1000ft of water and had to buy a new one. When I went to do a system restore to the last backup it is showing 2 different iCloud back ups (images attached below)

When I bought the new phone (iPhone 12 Max Pro) and turned it on it backed up, it looks like it backed up from "this iphone" iCloud data and not the "iphone" iCloud data. And I'm not sure how to switch it. But now I can not see any of my content that was on my old phone, even though I can see it's stored in my old iCloud iPhone date.

HELP PLLLLLLEEEEASE! and thank you!

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 3, 2021 9:20 PM

1 reply

Jul 4, 2021 3:34 PM in response to iCloud_issues_backup

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities  iCloud_issues_backup,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your iCloud backup. You have come to the right place and we are happy to assist you.  If we understand correctly, right after you purchased the new iPhone, it backed up, but nothing was really on the iPhone to backup.   We can understand why you’d reach out for a solution. Hopefully, when you setup the new phone, you restored it from the backup of the old phone. We have attached a link on how to restore your data. All your information is stored under your Apple ID, so most of your data will return just by signing into the new iPhone.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Communities.

Best regards.

new iphone 12 pro max showing 2 icloud back ups...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.