Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I made a new user in my Macbook but I can't seem to find it.

I'm trying to create a new user on my Mac, but whenever I do, it doesn't appear on the list.

I know that a home folder was made because whenever I try to make a new user with the same name, the automatic home folder name given is "fullname1".

How do I fix this?

Posted on Jul 4, 2021 3:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2021 5:22 AM

Try to create a new user (Other than what you have already used) and see if it shows up.

Try booting into Safe Mode, check if you have same issue.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support (May take longer than normal boot)

NoteSafe mode prevents your Mac from loading certain software as it starts up, including login items, system extensions not required by macOS, and fonts not installed by macOS. It also does a basic check of your startup disk, similar to using First Aid in Disk Utility. And it deletes some system caches, including font caches and the kernel cache, which are automatically created again as needed.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2021 5:22 AM in response to nerelly

Try to create a new user (Other than what you have already used) and see if it shows up.

Try booting into Safe Mode, check if you have same issue.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support (May take longer than normal boot)

NoteSafe mode prevents your Mac from loading certain software as it starts up, including login items, system extensions not required by macOS, and fonts not installed by macOS. It also does a basic check of your startup disk, similar to using First Aid in Disk Utility. And it deletes some system caches, including font caches and the kernel cache, which are automatically created again as needed.

Jul 4, 2021 3:49 AM in response to nerelly

What is the macOS version? (About This Mac from the Apple menu  in the upper-left corner of your screen.)

What type of account are you trying to create? (Administrator/Standard/Managed … )

I think the default input in "Account Name" will be same as the home folder name.

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac - Apple Support

Are you able to login into new user?

I made a new user in my Macbook but I can't seem to find it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.