Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old iCloud tabs not disappearing.

Hi all,

Let me preface this as I have searched the internet and couldn’t find the exact problem or a solution.

I have a 16inch MacBook Pro and an iPhone 12. Recently, I noticed on the iPhone that a few tabs on the Mac were showing up in the safari browsers. Seemed normal to me until I tried to delete them.

They deleted and then a few hours later they popped up again. Did the same thing and the same result. No tabs were open on the Mac.

So in looking into the problem a solution was to log out of iCloud on both devices and then log back in. Did this. Cleared all history and cookies on both devices. Let them both not signed in for about an hour. Logged back in and now I have even more old tabs that I can’t get rid off.

Is this a known bug or is there anything else I can try to resolve this issue. Seems like iCloud is the issue here.

iPhone 12

Posted on Jul 4, 2021 6:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2021 6:55 AM

Hi Alex, I solved my problem logging out from iCloud both on my iPhone and my Mac mini and removing all the cookies and I don't know why but the second time it worked.

Best regards from Italy

Similar questions

3 replies

Jul 4, 2021 7:26 AM in response to Craig Abruzzese

Hi Craig Abruzzese,

I'm having the same problem.

They suggested me to disable the Safari's iCloud sync both on my Mac and my iPhone, restart both devices and then enable iCloud again. It didn't work for me, and it seems that it didn't work for you.

Tomorrow I'm going to contact the Apple Support and I'll tell you what the are going to answer to me.

Good luck!

Lorenzo

Old iCloud tabs not disappearing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.