Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Make a keynote file uneditable, in anyway possible, cause I have some movie clips in some slides.

Is there anyway to make an uneditable keynote presentation file where is not editable?

I know you can make a quicktime version of it but I was looking for a way to keep it in keynote format. Something like a .pps file in the equivalent MS app. But I thought the best way to make a .pps style presentation was play the keynote, do a video screen recording with SHIFT+COMMAND+5 and save the resulting video. Or Second option is to move the whole thing off to the equal MS windows app, save it in a .pps format. But would it run on a MAC keynote app? I don't know, but worth a try and will post updates as soon as I have tried the MS.pps format. Thanks and Regards.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 4, 2021 12:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2021 5:45 AM

Guess what the question means to ask is that a pdf is sometime sent as a signed document. But does not contain videos.

A signed PDF once opened can be copied and changed to make a presentation.

The original is left intact,

Can a keynote be sent as an uneditable file with a signature like how a pdf is signed and sent.

• Keynote files can not be made so that they become "uneditable"
  • Keynote files can be saved in a way that require a password to allow the file to be opened, but when a Keynote file is opened, the contents can be freely changed, deleted or moved
  • Keynote files do not have the ability to be "signed" a signed PDF is proof of ownership, it is not a means of protecting the file from being changed if it is copied

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2021 5:45 AM in response to Mavinkuve

Guess what the question means to ask is that a pdf is sometime sent as a signed document. But does not contain videos.

A signed PDF once opened can be copied and changed to make a presentation.

The original is left intact,

Can a keynote be sent as an uneditable file with a signature like how a pdf is signed and sent.

• Keynote files can not be made so that they become "uneditable"
  • Keynote files can be saved in a way that require a password to allow the file to be opened, but when a Keynote file is opened, the contents can be freely changed, deleted or moved
  • Keynote files do not have the ability to be "signed" a signed PDF is proof of ownership, it is not a means of protecting the file from being changed if it is copied

Jul 6, 2021 2:13 AM in response to Pl asma

Any file opened on a computer and displayed on a video screen, can be copied, displayed and altered easily by anyone.

This also applies to the sound contained in the file.

Files created in; Pages, Numbers, MS Office image editing applications (Photoshop, Preview, iPhoto) video editing (iMovie, Quicktime, Final Cut Pro) can easily be copied.

Your description of making a screen recording is a perfect example of how anyone can capture a Keynote, PowerPoint or PDF presentation to break any form of security measure.

Keynote

There is a way to save a Keynote file that will only open with a password. However once any user has the correct password, it can be opened, copied and altered.

File > Set password

PowerPoint

pptx files will open in slide layout so it can be edited

ppsx is a powerpoint show file, when opened it will play full screen. ppsx files have no built in security features, they are just ordinary PowerPoint files that open in Play mode.

Jul 6, 2021 5:42 AM in response to Mavinkuve

Hi Thanks Grey, about "any file that can be edited" is right, but I was not referring to the dark web, but a responsible corporate partner, who will not go to that an extent of manipulating content in/for any criminal intent.

I was only looking at a .ppsx version of a keynote, nothing with really fancy military grade security.

Make a keynote file uneditable, in anyway possible, cause I have some movie clips in some slides.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.