Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are files created with KeyNote 11.2 compatible with macOS Catalina?

I recently created a presentation using KeyNote 11.2 on my Mac Mini running macOS Monterey.

A wanted to use the presentation on a Zoom call and since the Mac Mini doesn't have a camera, I tried to use the presentation on my MacBook Air, which is running macOS Catalina and KeyNote 11.1

KeyNote 11.1 doesn't even "see" the presentation in the iCloud KeyNote folder. In fact, when I open the iCloud Keynote folder Finder, it also does not show the presentation, altho it does show older presentations made while running Catalina or older.

I also tried to view the presentation on my 11" iPad Pro running the latest iOS. While KeyNote on the iPad saw and was able to download the presentation, it would NOT open it!

Mac mini, macOS 12.2

Posted on Mar 1, 2022 11:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2022 4:42 AM

Any collaboration of your Keynote file requires the current (v11.2) version of Keynote to open and view it. If you are using features unique to the (current) Keynote v11.2, these may restrict your access to the document with older versions of Keynote.

2 replies

Are files created with KeyNote 11.2 compatible with macOS Catalina?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.