Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote will only export 1 second of my 11 second movie... please help

Hello community,

I am having trouble exporting my movie from Keynote to my desktop. Here's some background on what I did/trying to achieve:

• Created a movie in iMovie that is 11 seconds and wanted to format it to 1080 x 1080 for Instagram
  • Saved iMovie (as high quality) onto desktop
  • Opened Keynote, changed document size to 1080 x 1080 to create template for movie
  • Uploaded my 11 second iMovie movie into Keynote and adjusted it to fit the created template
  • Unchecked boxes like - 'start movie on click' so it would play automatically.

Now here, when I play the movie, as it sits on the template as a draft, the whole 11 seconds play. But, as soon as I hit 'play full screen' to view it as a finished work, or export the movie to desktop, just ONE second of my movie plays. I cannot for the life of me figure out within the settings why this is happening.

Please can someone help? I hope my explanation made sense. If you require further info, please let me know. I am using a Macbook Pro Monterey 12.3.1, Keynote 12, iMovie 10.3.2

Thank you in advance for your time,

riolizzy

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Apr 25, 2022 6:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2022 12:47 PM

Check these settings as they may be conflicting with your video

• go to Inspector ~ Document ~ Presentation Type dropdown menu and select Normal
  • If you have a transition applied to the slide containing video, ensure the delay is set to be the duration of the

video clip, here its 11 seconds

Similar questions

2 replies

Keynote will only export 1 second of my 11 second movie... please help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.