Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No SIM card installed, SOS Only but SIM works in another iPhone

So my son's iPhone 6 was working fine earlier today. Now it's saying "No SIM card installed" and SOS Only.

We've tried a Google search and have gone through the steps in https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT201420#

1. Make sure that you have an active plan with your wireless carrier - our whole family is with Belong, which uses the Telstra network. His iPhone is still connected to our wifi and he can use the Belong app top see that the plan is active and working.
  2. Update your iPhone or iPad to the latest version of iOS - checked under Settings -> General; says the software is up to date
  3. Restart your iPhone or iPad - tried that multiple times
  4. Check for a carrier settings update. Go to Settings > General > About. If an update is available, you'll see a prompt to select OK or Update - No carrier updates there either
  5. Remove your SIM card from the SIM card tray and then put the SIM card back - tried that a couple of times now too. Still not working
  6. Try using another SIM card - ok, here's where it gets interesting - took the SIM out of my wife's iPhone XR and it works in my son's iPhone. Put my son's SIM in my wife's iPhonme and that works as well. Put my wife's SIM back in her iPhone, it works. Put my son's SIM back in his phone, still says "No SIM card installed"

Tried getting Chat through the Apple Support web site here but it says the my son's iPhone is no longer eligible for complementary technical support. Do we just nee dto book an appointment at a Genius Bar and see what they have to say about it?

iPhone 6

Posted on Jul 5, 2021 2:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2021 2:55 AM

Remove your SIM card from the SIM card tray and then put the SIM card back. ... Make sure that the SIM tray closes completely and isn't loose. If you use a SIM tray from a different model iPhone, iPad, or from another phone manufacturer, it might not fit properly.

If you see 'invalid SIM' or 'no SIM' on your iPhone or iPad ...

Learn what to do if you see a SIM not supported alert.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2021 2:55 AM in response to Caedrel

Remove your SIM card from the SIM card tray and then put the SIM card back. ... Make sure that the SIM tray closes completely and isn't loose. If you use a SIM tray from a different model iPhone, iPad, or from another phone manufacturer, it might not fit properly.

If you see 'invalid SIM' or 'no SIM' on your iPhone or iPad ...

Learn what to do if you see a SIM not supported alert.

No SIM card installed, SOS Only but SIM works in another iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.