Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Coverage of Applecare

I would like to know the coverage of the Apple care plan for iPad air(WiFi).

Since I would like to bring it to London. Will the plan still applies overseas?

iPad Air 3 Wi-Fi

Posted on Jul 5, 2021 3:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2021 8:01 AM

Here are the terms for Applecare + for iPads

https://www.apple.com/legal/sales-support/applecare/applecareplus/us/

And here is the excerpt covering other countries

Please note that if you seek service under this Plan in a country other than your country of purchase, the service fee will need to be paid in that country’s currency and at that country’s applicable rate – for further details, including regarding applicable fees by country, please visit the AppleCare+ support website at apple.com/legal/sales-support/applecare/applecareplus/.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2021 8:01 AM in response to lcy_

Here are the terms for Applecare + for iPads

https://www.apple.com/legal/sales-support/applecare/applecareplus/us/

And here is the excerpt covering other countries

Please note that if you seek service under this Plan in a country other than your country of purchase, the service fee will need to be paid in that country’s currency and at that country’s applicable rate – for further details, including regarding applicable fees by country, please visit the AppleCare+ support website at apple.com/legal/sales-support/applecare/applecareplus/.

Jul 5, 2021 1:29 PM in response to babowa

From that document I understand that if you accidentally step on your brand new iPad while vacationing in another country you can with no option to Apple pay a fee (what is that fee? $10,000?) and get it repaired, but if some circuit board fries through no fault of yours then they can look at the phase of the moon and decide to refuse to help you.

Makes perfect sense.

:-P

Coverage of Applecare

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.