Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery drain and hot / iPhone 12 Mini + iOS 14.6

I am using iOS 14.6 on my iPhone 12 mini and I experience a fast battery drain and the device is getting hot on the backside.

I don’t find an App that is consuming a lot of battery and I don’t do any special operations or heavy calculations. Although it looks like that this happens especially when I use safari.

I assume that this is n iOS 14.6 bug. Are there any temporary workaround or any advice how to fix this?

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on Jul 5, 2021 12:06 PM

6 replies

Jul 5, 2021 12:40 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thanks for your questions!

• I assume it’s related to safari. I meant that I don’t do any special things in safari but safari is the most battery consuming app in that case. I assume that the problem is not caused directly by the website I visited (these are main news websites in Germany)
  • Cellular 5G or 4G — mostly 3 of 4 bars or even 5 of 5 bars signal strength
  • Device is 1 week old and I upgraded to 14.6 on the first day.

Jul 5, 2021 12:24 PM in response to tbete

You say that you do not find an app consuming a lot of battery, but then you say it seems it is when you are using Safari. That is an app and can help you determine the problem. Are you using wi-fi or cellular data at the time. If cellular, how strong is your signal? How long have you had this device and did you just update to iOS 14.6?

Jul 5, 2021 12:56 PM in response to tbete

Generally when updating iOS on a device, it takes a couple of days for the device to complete running processes and indexing. How much battery drain are you experiencing? Are you able to use the device all day without an additional charge? If these websites contain a lot of graphics and/or video, that can require more battery than just text. If you look at total battery for the day, how much time do you see Screen on, Screen Off?

Battery drain and hot / iPhone 12 Mini + iOS 14.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.