Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is Apple going to fix the common battery drain issue with iOS 15?

Seems everyone is experiencing unusual battery drain with iOS 15. Me, too (iPhone 12 pro, iOS 15.1). Apple and some users are claiming this is just because extra app downloading after update. I don’t quite believe that. Does anyone have a sense Apple is working a fix?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 12, 2021 2:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2021 4:00 PM

DEP_g5 Said:

"is Apple going to fix the common battery drain issue with iOS 15?:

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone Power Drain:

View the Battery Health:

When the Battery Health is 80% or lower, it is time for a new battery.

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Tap: Battery
  3. Tap: Battery Health
  4. View: Percentage.
  5. Is it less than 80%?

Troubleshooting the Battery:

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2021 4:00 PM in response to DEP_g5

DEP_g5 Said:

"is Apple going to fix the common battery drain issue with iOS 15?:

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone Power Drain:

View the Battery Health:

When the Battery Health is 80% or lower, it is time for a new battery.

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Tap: Battery
  3. Tap: Battery Health
  4. View: Percentage.
  5. Is it less than 80%?

Troubleshooting the Battery:

Nov 12, 2021 3:57 PM in response to DEP_g5

DEP_g5 Said:

"is Apple going to fix the common battery drain issue with iOS 15?: Seems everyone is experiencing unusual battery drain with iOS 15. Me, too (iPhone 12 pro, iOS 15.1). Apple and some users are claiming this is just because extra app downloading after update. I don’t quite believe that. Does anyone have a sense Apple is working a fix?"

-------

Report this:

Do your Part: I'm sure they'll work on a fix. But, it needs to be reported first. Apple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what bugs are out there, and what fixes to include in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Comment: on when you came across this issue, and how you have trorubleshsot it, thus far.
  3. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  4. Proceed from there aw necessary

Nov 12, 2021 2:51 PM in response to DEP_g5

DEP_g5 wrote:

Seems everyone is experiencing unusual battery drain with iOS 15. Me, too (iPhone 12 pro, iOS 15.1). Apple and some users are claiming this is just because extra app downloading after update. I don’t quite believe that. Does anyone have a sense Apple is working a fix?

Nobody in these user to user forum would know what Apple is going to do, unless they announce it.

If you feel you have an issue with your battery, schedule an appointment with the Genius Bar and take it to the nearest Apple store.

Nov 12, 2021 3:15 PM in response to DEP_g5

DEP_g5 wrote:

Seems everyone is experiencing unusual battery drain with iOS 15.

EVERYONE? All 500 million users on iOS 15? I sincerely doubt, that, because if it was Everyone there would be literally millions of posts about it. Anyway, I know it is not everyone, because I have 2 phones that have no problem with unusual battery drain. So your basic premise fails.

Nov 12, 2021 3:41 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

I wrote "seems everyone". I think that could reasonably be interpreted as meaning many, not necessarily 0.5 B users. Check out other related threads herein and you'll see this issue is cropping up frequently. My premise, as stated, DOES NOT fail. And, if you don't specify your phone model and iOS, your final comment isn't very useful.

is Apple going to fix the common battery drain issue with iOS 15?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.