Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 15.4.1 battery drain issues

I started to have battery drain issues this week using IOS 15.4.1 Has anyone had this problem?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on May 1, 2022 8:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply
14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2022 6:27 AM in response to antoniosanz

Me too. I’m using IPad Air 4, 100% battery capacity. Normally, I would spend total time of iPad on screen is 10 hours until it dried up and need to be charged. Since I updating iPadOS 15.4.1, my iPad can only used 5 hours, 6 hours top. It has been a month. This is 50% drop of battery. Before that, I only need charge once a day. Now I have to charge twice. My iPad is fine after update iPadOS 15.4 but something wrong with 15.4.1 when Apple said that it fixed battery issue with iPhone. Now iPad havIng this issue which it was fine with 15.4. Turn out, Apple messed things up even more. I’m still waiting for next update.

May 7, 2022 10:53 PM in response to antoniosanz

I’m on iPad Pro M1 (WiFi only) and iPadOS 15.4.1 is really making it drain fast. I get about half the battery life all of a sudden.

I’ve also noticed the geo locator icon shows a lot more now also (without any changes on my part) -after much troubleshooting i traced it down to the system services. I’m not sure how much that’s affecting the battery, (but why the need to know the location so much all of a sudden?) I thought I should mention that in case it’s a common correlation.

I am chomping at the bit for an update that corrects the problem and doesn’t put so much strain in my battery life…

May 10, 2022 11:32 PM in response to antoniosanz

The funny thing with this 15.4.1 update is battery goes down faster when reading news, browsing simple websites but it drains slower when watching videos/movies online.

I observed that when reading news on website, my iPad spent 1% battery for 5 mins. But when watching youtube, or streaming movies, it took 6 mins for 1% battery. Normally, watching video online will drain more battery than simple tasks like reading news.

Before this update, my iPad drained 1% for 10 mins to read news or browsing websites and 1% for 6 mins to stream videos/movies.

It only happens like this after I updated 15.4.1.

iOS 15.4.1 battery drain issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.