Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2014 11” MacBook Air stuck in Internet Recovery

Hello

Recently, my MacBook Air (2014, 11”) started having issues. It would randomly freeze completely, and the only way to fix it would be to shut it down and reboot it. However, sometimes it wouldn’t boot up. To fix that I reset NVRAM. That was a temporary fix that didn’t last long. I decided to try going into recovery mode, and re-install Mac OS Big Sur. This did not work, and my computer couldn’t even install it. I tried again, but was taken to internet recovery, even though I only did Command+R. Now, it is stuck in a loop of going into Internet Recovery and failing, giving either the error message of 2101F or 2003F. Even when I try to reset NVRAM, nothing will work. Is there any way that I can fix this, or simply just get back to the normal recovery mode?

MacBook Air 11″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 6, 2021 4:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2021 8:24 AM

Those errors can indicate a networking issue. Try connecting the laptop directly to the router using an Ethernet Cable and an Apple Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter for a faster more reliable connection that also bypasses hard to troubleshoot WiFi issues.

If you have access to another Mac capable of running macOS 10.11 to 11.4, then you can create a bootable macOS USB installer using the instructions in this Apple article:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201372

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2021 8:24 AM in response to RonanBodisch

Those errors can indicate a networking issue. Try connecting the laptop directly to the router using an Ethernet Cable and an Apple Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter for a faster more reliable connection that also bypasses hard to troubleshoot WiFi issues.

If you have access to another Mac capable of running macOS 10.11 to 11.4, then you can create a bootable macOS USB installer using the instructions in this Apple article:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201372

Jul 6, 2021 6:57 AM in response to RonanBodisch

The description sounds like the internal drive does not have any Empty Space for the OS to load and function. If this is correct - the computer will eventually stop booting at all - period.

Transfer files between two Mac computers using target disk mode and you may able to transfer some personal files off the drive and that may or may not allow the computer to boot up. Then, some serious house cleaning all be required. See used and available storage space on your Mac,

• OtherContains files that don’t fall into the categories listed here. This category primarily includes files and data used by the system, such as log files, caches, VM files, and other runtime system resources. Also included are temporary files, fonts, app support files, and plug-ins. You can't manage the contents of this category. The contents are managed by macOS, and the category varies in size depending on the current state of your Mac.

2014 11” MacBook Air stuck in Internet Recovery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.