Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Air tag shows wrong location

One of my Air Tags is showing it’s at the local mall. I verified the air tag is at the house and has never left. It’s on the dogs tag sitting on a shelf. Only worn once. I have not been to that mall for months.

is it possible someone has the same Air Tag serial number? This is very odd and unreliable.

Posted on Jul 6, 2021 10:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2021 5:04 PM

Hello GaryinHawaii,

We're glad you thought to ask Apple Support Communities about the issue you're having with your AirTag not showing the correct current location. If you haven't already, restart your iPhone as restarting can resolve many odd issues: Restart your iPhone

If the behavior continues, reset your AirTag to see if the location updates as expected: How to reset your AirTag

Just in case, here's a guide on locating your AirTag: Find your keys, wallet, and more with AirTag

Let us know how it goes.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2021 5:04 PM in response to GaryinHawaii

Hello GaryinHawaii,

We're glad you thought to ask Apple Support Communities about the issue you're having with your AirTag not showing the correct current location. If you haven't already, restart your iPhone as restarting can resolve many odd issues: Restart your iPhone

If the behavior continues, reset your AirTag to see if the location updates as expected: How to reset your AirTag

Just in case, here's a guide on locating your AirTag: Find your keys, wallet, and more with AirTag

Let us know how it goes.

Take care.

Air tag shows wrong location

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.