Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos won’t load on iPad

Hi there,

I’ve recently updated my iPad but since doing so the photos won’t load. I have plenty of storage available and have switched off ‘optimise storage’ but the photos won’t reappear.

thanks for any help

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jul 7, 2021 4:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2021 8:39 AM

This might happen, if you disable the Photo Option in the settings for iCloud on your device, for example.

As long as the photos are still saved in iCloud/Photos, you can always download them again.

A backup of your data might be a good idea, in case they will get deleted in iCloud as well somehow.

Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud - Apple Support

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2021 8:39 AM in response to NatashaRoseDouglas

This might happen, if you disable the Photo Option in the settings for iCloud on your device, for example.

As long as the photos are still saved in iCloud/Photos, you can always download them again.

A backup of your data might be a good idea, in case they will get deleted in iCloud as well somehow.

Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud - Apple Support

Jul 7, 2021 7:14 AM in response to NatashaRoseDouglas

If the iPad is charging, and you connect it to Wi-Fi and iCloud to sync, the Wi-Fi connection will not be terminated when the display enters standby mode.

Only if your device is not connected to the charger, Wi-Fi will be disabled during standby, to save battery power.

So you should be good, if you start the sync process and let it be connected to the charger over nigh. No need to leave the display always on during that time.

Photos won’t load on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.