Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where are my MP3 files that I play through the Apple Music app on my iPhone?

A year ago I copied some MP3 files to my iPhone. I Play them through the Apple Music app. Now I can’t find the MP3 files on my iPhone. Where are they stored? I want to copy them to my new iPad so that I can listen to them through the Apple Music app like I am doing on my iPhone. I don’t want to put them on iCloud because it would cost me more for storage.

iPad Pro 12.9-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Jul 7, 2021 1:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2021 1:55 PM

If you added them to your iPhone from your iTunes library they should still be on your phone. If they are not something happened (a new sync maybe) that removed them. You will have to add them from your iTunes Library again and sync the iPad to your library to get them there.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2021 1:55 PM in response to Rolfler

If you added them to your iPhone from your iTunes library they should still be on your phone. If they are not something happened (a new sync maybe) that removed them. You will have to add them from your iTunes Library again and sync the iPad to your library to get them there.

Jul 7, 2021 2:29 PM in response to deggie

I just got off the phone with Apple and they had me connect the new IPad to my Mac Book that also has those files and we synced the iPad to the Mac (did not use iTunes) and it worked. I think that is what I did to get them on my iPhone a year ago. Thank you. You helped to confirm the correct answer.

Where are my MP3 files that I play through the Apple Music app on my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.