Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to log into US apple ID while in China

Hi,

Currently I'm in China now, a few days ago I accidentally logged out my US apple ID on my iPadOS 14.6, and when I tried to log in again, the device sent verification codes to my US phone, which I have no access right now. There seemed no other options except for recovering my account, but I'd rather not do that. Is there anyway that I could sign in again? Thanks!

Plz help!

iPad

Posted on Jul 8, 2021 12:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2021 6:47 AM

To see how to 'Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication', click here --> https://support.apple.com/HT204974 - "Whenever you sign in with your Apple ID on a new device or browser, you'll confirm your identity with your password plus a six-digit verification code. There are a few ways you can get a verification code. You can use the code displayed on your trusted device, get a text or phone call, or generate a code from your trusted device." Instructions at the end about what to do if you don't have any other trusted devices and need to use account recovery.

As you can read, you or somebody needs access to your trusted device or a telephone number where you can get a verification code.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2021 6:47 AM in response to SherryZ4519

To see how to 'Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication', click here --> https://support.apple.com/HT204974 - "Whenever you sign in with your Apple ID on a new device or browser, you'll confirm your identity with your password plus a six-digit verification code. There are a few ways you can get a verification code. You can use the code displayed on your trusted device, get a text or phone call, or generate a code from your trusted device." Instructions at the end about what to do if you don't have any other trusted devices and need to use account recovery.

As you can read, you or somebody needs access to your trusted device or a telephone number where you can get a verification code.

Jul 11, 2021 6:18 AM in response to SherryZ4519

My account pre-dates the requirement to set up Two Factor so I have not been through the setup process. I would imagine you must enter a telephone number of some other contact method or you could not proceed with the creation process.

Read the article 'Two-factor authentication for Apple ID' (click here --> https://support.apple.com/HT204915 ) thoroughly. Various sections contain information that is key to you being able to set up and use a different telephone to get a verification code you can use.

Read the sections about:

- Trusted phone numbers

- Manage your account > Keep your trusted numbers up to date and add a phone number.

- What if I can't access a trusted device or didn't receive a verification code?

And if necessary:

- If I can't sign in, how do I regain access to my account?

How to log into US apple ID while in China

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.