Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I locate my iPhone with my IMEI number?

I lost my iPhone yesterday but i just realized the person has turn off find my iphone,pls can you help me locate my phone with the imei number

Please help me locate my phone

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 8, 2021 1:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2021 2:02 AM

As an individual, you can not track an iPhone (Any Phone for that matter) using an IMEI number.

Find My iPhone / "Find My" can be turned off only if...

1. You have shared your Apple ID & password with someone
  2. You have removed the device from your account after you erase it, Activation Lock will be turned off. This allows another person to turn on and use your device. If you're using iCloud and Find My [device] on the device, sign in to iCloud.com/find or the Find My app on another device, select the device, and click Erase. After the device has been erased, click Remove from Account. This will turn off Find My.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2021 2:02 AM in response to mustapha38

As an individual, you can not track an iPhone (Any Phone for that matter) using an IMEI number.

Find My iPhone / "Find My" can be turned off only if...

1. You have shared your Apple ID & password with someone
  2. You have removed the device from your account after you erase it, Activation Lock will be turned off. This allows another person to turn on and use your device. If you're using iCloud and Find My [device] on the device, sign in to iCloud.com/find or the Find My app on another device, select the device, and click Erase. After the device has been erased, click Remove from Account. This will turn off Find My.

Jul 28, 2021 5:48 PM in response to nagendra55

The only way the person could turn off Find My is if they knew your Apple ID and password. Did you respond to a phishing message from “Apple” saying your phone had been found, and to log in using a link in the message? If you did that all information in your iCloud is now in the hands of the criminal who sent that message. So the first step is to change your Apple ID password, and after that review the personal information that is now in the hands of the criminal.

Can I locate my iPhone with my IMEI number?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.