Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

scrolling text speed

I'm trying to create closed caption text (in Motion) that will display one line of text at a time as the subject speaks the line. I've tried masking, changing text clip lengths, editing in motion, changing margins for text and can't find a way to adjust the text across the bottom of screen. The Scrolling Text in Final Cut is very limited in selecting a smaller area, adjusting speeds other than adjusting the title clip length and editing in Motion has given me control over the area of text that is displayed, one line, but not as much control over speed.

I would like to be able to have a mask over text, that displays across the bottom, where I can scroll the text manually for each sentence resulting in a Closed Caption over the actress.

iMac 27″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 8, 2021 9:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2021 10:56 AM

Put the text inside a group.

Draw a rectangle encompassing the area that is supposed to be seen. Add an image mask to the GROUP. Then as you change the Y position of the text only the line inside the masked area will show.

2 replies

scrolling text speed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.