Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Urgent! I can’t reinstall MacOS Big Sur from recovery because I accidentally deleted Macintosh Data and now my laptop is a vegetable

I accidentally followed the steps to erase an intel Mac instead of an M1 Mac and the only step that I took which was different was that after erasing my Mac, I also pressed the minus button (-) on the tool bar to delete Macintosh Data from the “Internal” section on the sidebar. However, now as I try to reinstall MacOS no location is given to me when asked to select a location to reinstall MacOS.

I don’t know where to go from here, I tried to shut down and restart the laptop but nothing changed. I would greatly appreciate any urgent support!

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jul 8, 2021 2:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply
1 reply

Urgent! I can’t reinstall MacOS Big Sur from recovery because I accidentally deleted Macintosh Data and now my laptop is a vegetable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.