Newsroom Update

This fall, AirPods software updates will transform the way users respond to Siri, take calls, and immerse themselves in their favorite games. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPod Pro Replacement Ear Tips

The AirPod Pro replacement ear tips do not fit my Air Pod Pros. I've tried both Apple brand as well an off brand and neither fit. The hard oval edge does not fit and breaks when trying to squeeze to attach. It's not the size of the ear tip (I need medium), but rather the hard attachment piece that doesn't fit. I notice that mine are not black on the inside as most of the pictures show, but rather are white. Not sure if this means anything.

Posted on Jul 8, 2021 5:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2021 7:28 PM

This is not the issue. I received the same response from the online Apple chat. I am aware of how to choose the replacement size as well as how to replace the ear tips. The issue is the hard oval piece of the replacement ear tip does not fit my air pod - it’s too small and it cracks when pressure is applied.

in the instruction pictures, the inner piece of the air pod is black. Mine is white. Is there a difference? Is that why mine won’t fit?

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2021 7:28 PM in response to Eric--F

This is not the issue. I received the same response from the online Apple chat. I am aware of how to choose the replacement size as well as how to replace the ear tips. The issue is the hard oval piece of the replacement ear tip does not fit my air pod - it’s too small and it cracks when pressure is applied.

in the instruction pictures, the inner piece of the air pod is black. Mine is white. Is there a difference? Is that why mine won’t fit?

Jul 9, 2021 7:28 PM in response to staceyfromgreensburg

Jul 9, 2021 2:37 PM in response to staceyfromgreensburg

Hello staceyfromgreensburg,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We are happy to help you!

We understand that you are having an issue with your AirPod Pros Ear tips.

We have provided you with helpful information:

Choose your AirPods Pro ear tips and use the Ear Tip Fit Test

"You can buy a new set of ear tips from the Apple Online Store, Apple Store, or other authorized retailer."

We hope this finds you well!

Cheers!

AirPod Pro Replacement Ear Tips

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.