Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPod Pro Ear Tip Replacement

I have seen this question asked but have never encountered a satisfactory answer. I purchased replacement ear tips from Apple for AirPod Pro (Generation 1) - mode number A2084 and A2083 and the ear tips do not fit onto the AirPod. This is a problem with the new tip not fitting AirPod - not an issue with the fit into the ear? Has anyone solved this problem, do I need a different tip?

AirPods Pro

Posted on Apr 12, 2023 3:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2023 4:38 AM

Thanks, I have seen that video before but unfortunately it does not help. The eartips are physically the wrong size, they do not click into place regardless of often I try. I would add that the ear piece on my iPods is white rather than the black shown in video (in case that is relevant)

3 replies

Apr 13, 2023 2:39 PM in response to Eartip_guy

Thank you for your thoughtful reply. Sorry it was not that easy for you to solve.

You may be able to take the tips back to wherever you purchased the replacements, taking along the AirPods to see if they have tips that fit.

You might also want to check which AirPods you have:

How to: Identify your AirPods - Apple Support

If needed, you could seek help from the Genius Bar in an Apple Store, if there is one nearby. A reservation is recommended: Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Else: Try contacting AirPods Support

(you may be able to choose online chat, phone, email etc.)

from the "Get Support" link at the bottom of their website (link below).

Support Website: topics, resources, and contact options for your AirPods....

AirPods Support - Official Apple Support

AirPod Pro Ear Tip Replacement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.