Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mic sound muffled problem with the Voice memos app and secondary apps on my phone

Model - 7 Plus

Software Version - 14.6 (18F72)

I was trying to call a friend using WhatsApp and he saw a mic problem on my phone. It is not completely silence. The volume on the mic is very low. I thought cleaning the mic or replacing the mic would solve this problem. Before that I tried a normal phone call and I saw that the mic was working well.

So I think it's not a mic problem. This mic problem happens in apps like WhatsApp, Telegram including Voice Memos app.

Then I fully reset phone and tried Voice Memos app without doing anything. Also a normal phone call. Problem was not solved. So it may not be a problem caused by changing the settings.

How do I fix it? Is it a software bug?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 8, 2021 6:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2021 8:58 PM

I found the error. There are two microphones on the bottom of the phone. One is for regular calls and the other is for apps. One of them has a problem. However, I have to replace the entire bottom dock to fix that error.

Thank you for your help.

2 replies

Mic sound muffled problem with the Voice memos app and secondary apps on my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.