Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

help please!

hi, I want to transfer my pictures from my iphone 8 to my new macbook air but it wont transfer all pictures because its says my icloud is full. I have tried to shut icloud off because I dont use it and I dont want to pay for more storage, I just want to put my pictures on my computer. please help!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Jul 9, 2021 10:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2021 10:54 AM

So right now your pictures are being stored in iCloud and that is how on your Macbook Air you are able to see them in the Photos app if your signed in with the same iCloud account on your MacBook Air as your iPhone, if you turn off iCloud then your phone will not get backed up nor pictures messages and contacts and anything other things in iCloud. If you wanted to turn off iCloud photos you could do so by going into Settings > Click your name at the top and then > iCloud and turn off the green button next to photos.

Then the only downside is if you lose your iPhone with all the pictures on it then they will be gone forever, since there not being saved in iCloud.

As far as taking all the pictures on your iPhone and moving them over to your mac, follow this article.

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2021 10:54 AM in response to janinek123

So right now your pictures are being stored in iCloud and that is how on your Macbook Air you are able to see them in the Photos app if your signed in with the same iCloud account on your MacBook Air as your iPhone, if you turn off iCloud then your phone will not get backed up nor pictures messages and contacts and anything other things in iCloud. If you wanted to turn off iCloud photos you could do so by going into Settings > Click your name at the top and then > iCloud and turn off the green button next to photos.

Then the only downside is if you lose your iPhone with all the pictures on it then they will be gone forever, since there not being saved in iCloud.

As far as taking all the pictures on your iPhone and moving them over to your mac, follow this article.

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

help please!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.