Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Mac has enough storage to hold my iCloud photos. How do I save to my Mac and erase iCloud photos to have my photos from my phone upload again?

I ran out of iCloud storage I want to transfer from iCloud to my Mac because it has enough storage then reset iCloud after I’ve saved my photos to my Mac

iMac 24″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Aug 15, 2022 11:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2022 11:57 PM

Check this article about transferring data from iCloud to your Mac:

Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud - Apple Support

Be sure, not to add the photos to your photo app on the Mac, if you also enabled iCloud Photos on your Mac.

Otherwise all changes in iCloud Photos will be reflected on your Mac as well. Deleting a photo in iCloud will also remove it from your photo app on your Mac in this case.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2022 11:57 PM in response to Samcmb1992

Check this article about transferring data from iCloud to your Mac:

Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud - Apple Support

Be sure, not to add the photos to your photo app on the Mac, if you also enabled iCloud Photos on your Mac.

Otherwise all changes in iCloud Photos will be reflected on your Mac as well. Deleting a photo in iCloud will also remove it from your photo app on your Mac in this case.

My Mac has enough storage to hold my iCloud photos. How do I save to my Mac and erase iCloud photos to have my photos from my phone upload again?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.