Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logitech Circle View Apple Homekit enabled security camera

I have the latest iPhone with latest software update with a 200gb iCloud storage plan and the Logitech circle view apple HomeKit enabled security camera. In Homekit app in the camera settings under recording options under when home and when away, it will let me choose stream only option and works in that setting, but when I try to choose, "stream & allow recording", it spins for several minutes and then I get an error message with no direction. I've tried closing the Homekit app and reopening and still same thing. What do I do now to get it to record and store the recordings in iCloud for 10 days?

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Jul 9, 2021 10:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2021 11:01 AM

Hi Sheree_P,

I have the Apple TV 4K as my home hub. Powering off my iPhone and then powering back on actually did work.

For some reason, before your recommendation, the same issue would happen on my Mac. Since powering off and back

on, on my iPhone, I'm able to stream & allow recording on both iPhone and Mac. I was worried that it was a wifi frequency issue, ( 2.4 versus 5.0 ), based on some other community members comments with the same issue.

Thank you for your help.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2021 11:01 AM in response to Sheree_P

Hi Sheree_P,

I have the Apple TV 4K as my home hub. Powering off my iPhone and then powering back on actually did work.

For some reason, before your recommendation, the same issue would happen on my Mac. Since powering off and back

on, on my iPhone, I'm able to stream & allow recording on both iPhone and Mac. I was worried that it was a wifi frequency issue, ( 2.4 versus 5.0 ), based on some other community members comments with the same issue.

Thank you for your help.

Jul 10, 2021 11:23 AM in response to pilotrmh

Hi pilotrmh,

We understand you're unable to "stream & allow recording" on your iPhone. Which device are you using as a home hub? Is the software up-to-date? Is everything set up correctly, following the resource you came to us from: Use HomeKit Secure Video If everything is set up correctly, power off the iPhone and then power it back on: Restart your iPhone A simple restart has been know to resolve software related issues.

If that doesn't help and you have other Apple devices connected to the same Apple ID, see if the issue happens on those as well. If not, you may want to delete the Home app and reinstall on your iPhone: Delete built-in Apple apps on your iOS 12, iOS 13, or iPadOS device or Apple Watch

Let us know if any of the steps below help. Take care.

Logitech Circle View Apple Homekit enabled security camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.