Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone backup to computer

I would like to backup my iPhone to my computer. In iTunes the Back Up Now button is grayed out. How do I turn this on?

iPhone 8

Posted on Jul 9, 2021 8:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2021 12:22 AM

The options are

1. iTunes --> Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later
  2. Use another cable --> Identify counterfeit or uncertified Lightning connector accessories
  3. If you use a Windows PC and iTunes won't respond or your backup never finishes, you might need to update, change, disable, or uninstall your security software.
  4. Remove or Move old backups
    1. Remove corrupted Backup (If you do not need them) --> For Windows PC:- \Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\ (Delete the files here)
    2. If you need copies of your backups, you can find the Backup folder and copy the entire folder (not just part of it) to another place, like an external drive or network storage location.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2021 12:22 AM in response to SU2003

The options are

1. iTunes --> Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later
  2. Use another cable --> Identify counterfeit or uncertified Lightning connector accessories
  3. If you use a Windows PC and iTunes won't respond or your backup never finishes, you might need to update, change, disable, or uninstall your security software.
  4. Remove or Move old backups
    1. Remove corrupted Backup (If you do not need them) --> For Windows PC:- \Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\ (Delete the files here)
    2. If you need copies of your backups, you can find the Backup folder and copy the entire folder (not just part of it) to another place, like an external drive or network storage location.

iPhone backup to computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.