Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot lock notes

I cannot lock my notes. I keep getting this message (see attached photo). I’ve reset my iCloud password and it still isn’t letting me lock my notes. I’ve also restarted my phone and turned off the sync of my notes and turned the back on (referred to a previous thread back in 2020 on here)

Please help!

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 10, 2021 7:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2021 8:42 AM

OK.....Read this link about how to lock notes and create a lock notes password. And Please Please Please, when offered the option to create a lock notes password hint, DO IT - AND - Then write the password down somewhere safe for future recall. Once notes are locked, the ONLY way to EVER open them again is with the password you created and if you can't recall the password, there is no way to ever bypass it and open the notes without it. EVER. EVER. EVER.

Click here --> How to lock notes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2021 8:42 AM in response to FindingKatrise

OK.....Read this link about how to lock notes and create a lock notes password. And Please Please Please, when offered the option to create a lock notes password hint, DO IT - AND - Then write the password down somewhere safe for future recall. Once notes are locked, the ONLY way to EVER open them again is with the password you created and if you can't recall the password, there is no way to ever bypass it and open the notes without it. EVER. EVER. EVER.

Click here --> How to lock notes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Cannot lock notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.