Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting 2 external screens to MacBook Retina 2015

Hi all,

I am wanting to set up 2 x external screens (HDMI screens) to my MacBook Retina 2015. I have seen in Apple help to go to 'about this mac' > support > specifications > to see how many screens my device will connect too but the page doesn't load, comes up with an error. I've had a look in the user guide and it talks about connecting 1 screen but doesn't mention whether you can or can't connect 2.

Can anyone help?

My MacBook has a USB-C connection so any advice on adaptors I would need for the connection would be appreciated as well. I am thinking about purchasing a docking system of some sort, hopefully one that will also allow my partners HP laptop to connect to the screens as well (not at the same time as mine is connected of course :) )

Thanks in advance!!

Amy

MacBook

Posted on Jul 10, 2021 3:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2021 5:20 PM

Sorry, but the MacBook can only support a single external monitor, regardless on how you connect it to the notebook.

Graphics and Video Support

• Intel HD Graphics 5300
  • Dual display and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 3840 by 2160 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors

Ref: https://support.apple.com/kb/SP712?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2021 5:20 PM in response to LuluQuinn2021

Sorry, but the MacBook can only support a single external monitor, regardless on how you connect it to the notebook.

Graphics and Video Support

• Intel HD Graphics 5300
  • Dual display and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 3840 by 2160 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors

Ref: https://support.apple.com/kb/SP712?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Connecting 2 external screens to MacBook Retina 2015

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.