Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Coping text from a gmail msg. into pages

When I copy (ctrl-c) large amounts of text in a gmail message and try to past that (ctrl-v) into pages the text is in a text box. Smaller amounts of text copy as expected .

How can I best deal with this problem?

Thank you.

Russ Garman

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 10, 2021 7:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2021 10:36 AM

Copy less text at a time that does not produce the text box. There may be something that Gmail is placing on the clipboard that Pages detects as a reason to use a text box. As a fellow user, I cannot tell you what that content may be, and there is no fix for Pages, other than your experimentation with Paste and Paste and Match Style menu choices.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2021 10:36 AM in response to russfromturlock

Copy less text at a time that does not produce the text box. There may be something that Gmail is placing on the clipboard that Pages detects as a reason to use a text box. As a fellow user, I cannot tell you what that content may be, and there is no fix for Pages, other than your experimentation with Paste and Paste and Match Style menu choices.

Coping text from a gmail msg. into pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.