Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

$200 promotion from Verizon after purchasing an iPad Pro.

I'm trying to follow the instructions laid out in the promotion from Apple, but Verizon isn't particularly helpful in finding the promotional application on their website. Is there anything Apple can do to aid in obtaining this mysterious application? $200 isn't much compared to the cost of my iPad Pro, but but the promotion did play a part in my decision to purchase.

Posted on Jul 10, 2021 8:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2021 10:15 PM

We are all other users here, so we do not know if Apple can assist, but:

Take a look at the terms towards the bottom of this page:

https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-ipad/ipad-pro/12.9-inch-display-2tb-silver-wifi-cellular

copied here:

Verizon Special Offer: Get a $200 Gift Card. Offer through September 25th, 2021. Activate your own Cellular iPad online at Verizon.com.Requires new postpaid tablet line. Select any Verizon consumer postpaid

data plan. How to Redeem: Submit promotional application through http://www.vzw.com/myverizon within 30 days of activation. Apple may provide certain information about your device and purchase to Verizon to facilitate and verify your eligibility for this Special Offer. Receive a $200 Verizon e-Gift Card when you activate an iPad purchased from Apple Retail or Apple.com on any Verizon consumer postpaid plan. Redeem via your Notifications on the

My Verizon app or vzw.com/myverizon.

Customer must submit for redemption within 30 days of activation, and device must remain activated for 45 consecutive days. May not be combined with other promotional offers. We reserve the right to charge the amount of the Verizon e-Gift Card to your Verizon Wireless account if service is canceled within 12 months or change your price plan from an eligible plan. Your Verizon e-Gift Card will be sent via email within 8 weeks after receipt of claim to the submitted email address. This gift card can be used to buy merchandise & services at stores/kiosks operated by Verizon or at verizon.com.

Gift cards cannot be used at Verizon Authorized Retailer locations.

Gift cards can be used to pay a Verizon Wireless or Fios bill by

visiting Verizon.com

or using the My Verizon app (wireless bills only) or My Fios app. Do

not mail printed copy of digital gift card with your bill. For card

balance call 1.800.876.4141 or dial #GIFT (#4438) from your wireless

device. Gift cards are non-refundable and cannot be returned for a cash

refund, except in those states as required by law. Use of gift card

constitutes acceptance of all terms & conditions. Treat this card

like cash, neither Verizon nor Apple is responsible for gift cards that

have been lost, stolen, or damaged. Gift cards do not expire and are not

subject to dormancy or other fees. Gift cards may not be used for

resale, advertising, marketing, sweepstakes or other promotional

purposes without consent. Offer not available to Visible customers.

Looks like you need to buy it from Apple and then get a plan from Verizon.

23 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2021 10:15 PM in response to tparkaz

We are all other users here, so we do not know if Apple can assist, but:

Take a look at the terms towards the bottom of this page:

https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-ipad/ipad-pro/12.9-inch-display-2tb-silver-wifi-cellular

copied here:

Verizon Special Offer: Get a $200 Gift Card. Offer through September 25th, 2021. Activate your own Cellular iPad online at Verizon.com.Requires new postpaid tablet line. Select any Verizon consumer postpaid

data plan. How to Redeem: Submit promotional application through http://www.vzw.com/myverizon within 30 days of activation. Apple may provide certain information about your device and purchase to Verizon to facilitate and verify your eligibility for this Special Offer. Receive a $200 Verizon e-Gift Card when you activate an iPad purchased from Apple Retail or Apple.com on any Verizon consumer postpaid plan. Redeem via your Notifications on the

My Verizon app or vzw.com/myverizon.

Customer must submit for redemption within 30 days of activation, and device must remain activated for 45 consecutive days. May not be combined with other promotional offers. We reserve the right to charge the amount of the Verizon e-Gift Card to your Verizon Wireless account if service is canceled within 12 months or change your price plan from an eligible plan. Your Verizon e-Gift Card will be sent via email within 8 weeks after receipt of claim to the submitted email address. This gift card can be used to buy merchandise & services at stores/kiosks operated by Verizon or at verizon.com.

Gift cards cannot be used at Verizon Authorized Retailer locations.

Gift cards can be used to pay a Verizon Wireless or Fios bill by

visiting Verizon.com

or using the My Verizon app (wireless bills only) or My Fios app. Do

not mail printed copy of digital gift card with your bill. For card

balance call 1.800.876.4141 or dial #GIFT (#4438) from your wireless

device. Gift cards are non-refundable and cannot be returned for a cash

refund, except in those states as required by law. Use of gift card

constitutes acceptance of all terms & conditions. Treat this card

like cash, neither Verizon nor Apple is responsible for gift cards that

have been lost, stolen, or damaged. Gift cards do not expire and are not

subject to dormancy or other fees. Gift cards may not be used for

resale, advertising, marketing, sweepstakes or other promotional

purposes without consent. Offer not available to Visible customers.

Looks like you need to buy it from Apple and then get a plan from Verizon.

Aug 18, 2021 3:34 AM in response to tparkaz

I have called Verizon for help but they told me is not their promotion there is nothing they can do. I reach out to apple 48 minute and at the end they told me to go back to Verizon. I went into an apple store ZERO help. So frustrated. I’m with you, that was the reason why I purchase the cellular iPad Pro regardless. I’m starting to feel like apple scammed us. @apple you need to make it right!

Aug 18, 2021 8:47 AM in response to weichan192

I don't necessarily think we were scammed by Apple, rather, I certainly wouldn't put it past Verizon to simply cancel the promotion, at their discretion, without notification when it started to become too costly. Now, if Verizon had sold the device and hooked the customer into a long contract, I can see them offering this customer kick-back.

When I went onto Verizon's website, to claim my offer, I found every offer Verizon was offering at the time except the one from Apple. I went to a Verizon (company) store and they looked at me like I was trying to scam them until I brought up the Apple add on my iPhone. Still no help as they couldn't find the offer either. They took my info and said they would get back to me. Well that was two months ago and still no reply. Now, the 30-day Apple offer has expired for me, at least, so I guess I'm out of luck. By the way, Apple is still advertising the same offer, "For a limited time, buy an iPad with Wi-Fi + Cellular directly from Apple and get up to $200 back when you activate it with T-Mobile/Sprint or Verizon." At least as of 8/18/2021, that is...

In my case, the purchase of the tablet didn't hinge on the promotion. I purchased it regardless. It was simply a nice to have benefit that never materialized.

Aug 18, 2021 9:30 AM in response to tparkaz

You guys are really nice! If a company make a promotion and don’t follow thru is a scam. Apple need to correct it. I love apple we been apple family forever but a deal is a deal. They acting like they don’t know what I’m talking about or trying to put it on Verizon is wrong. I’m still waiting on apple to call me back. Anyway glad I’m not the only one having the issue and I wish apple would monitor this discussion so they know what their customers is. I was hoping u got a resolution we both were looking for so I know what action to take. Best of luck.

Aug 19, 2021 4:44 AM in response to weichan192

I feel the pain, Verizon is utterly helpless in providing the necessary instructions to submit the request for the promotional $200 eGift card. After trying twice, using the “unlock200” code, or something very similar to that…I had to speak to a representative to get that code, was rejected a second time because it’s only valid on 4G LTE iPads, even though the promotion doesn’t say that. I asked for them to find the code for the 5G iPad Pro 5th Gen model…they don’t have a promotion for that. I explained that the Apple Store has the promotion for the 5G, they said to talk to Apple. I messaged Apple and got into another frustrating conversation with a person about it. I showed them the screen capture of the Wi-Fi + Cellular promotion and they said it’s not clear that is on the 5G iPad Pro. I told them to try to buy it, go through the steps and see the promotion offer. They said the promotion is with Verizon. It seems to me that someone owes me $200 for getting the Cellular version and now paying $17/month for 5G. This is my second iPad with cellular. The first was on the original iPad and I never activated because it’s not really necessary when you can hotspot from your phone on the rare occasions that I take my iPad out of my house. I was wondering if anyone was able to crack the code on this.

Aug 19, 2021 7:53 AM in response to weichan192

I would agree, they should request Verizon and T-Mobile/Sprint to provide the list of devices the promotion is valid for. There’s no way of knowing ahead of time. The only time you can find out is after you process the rebate/promotion form and get denied. That’s not the way to do business. I respectfully unloaded on the Verizon representative (telling her it wasn’t her that I was angry with, but she was the representative and she should pass it up-the-chain).

Aug 19, 2021 9:43 AM in response to ricnokman

Called Verizon a second time through Customer Care (1-800-392-0717) and after an hour waiting spoke with an agent who confirmed with Promotion Department that the promotion does not cover 5G models. No can do…so I requested to cancel my 5G data plan, which he did, and he refunded me the $35 activation fee. He was very apologetic, he read through the promotion information on Apple’s page and agreed that it should qualify, but there is no way to get it. I suppose when I look to upgrade my iPhone 11s to something new, I will likely shop new carriers as well.

Sep 2, 2021 10:27 AM in response to shermgray

Hummm....it's looking more and more like Apple created this offer without the buy-in from the carriers. If you happened to notice, when the offer was first extended, AT&T was also included. Now the offer only advertises Verizon and T-Mobile/Sprint. Maybe AT&T had their name excluded so they wouldn't be liable for possible/pending/future litigation. I didn't buy my iPad Pro for the offer, but it was certainly an added incentive. I've had my tablet way over the offer limit, but I did try to redeem it, and like everyone else, I was met with the same response.

$200 promotion from Verizon after purchasing an iPad Pro.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.