You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DOLBY ATMOS

If Apple 4K TV doesn't support ARC/EARC DOLBY ATMOS what is the set up my Soundbar connected to ARC

I bought HOMEPODS especially for DOLBY ATMOS audio but it is greyed out very frustrating. I am seriously thinking of retuning the PODS unless I can't get a different workable option from Apple.

Posted on Jul 11, 2021 2:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2021 4:27 AM

Not true it states in most of the set ups connect to Soundbar also enable ARC/EARC in 4K tv settings. I have finally managed to get Dolby Atmos by making my TV speakers the default audio out no mention of this from Apple Support in fact they fobbed me off with it is normal for DA to be greyed out so I gave up on them after they took up several minutes of my valuable time.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 11, 2021 4:27 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Not true it states in most of the set ups connect to Soundbar also enable ARC/EARC in 4K tv settings. I have finally managed to get Dolby Atmos by making my TV speakers the default audio out no mention of this from Apple Support in fact they fobbed me off with it is normal for DA to be greyed out so I gave up on them after they took up several minutes of my valuable time.

Jul 11, 2021 2:22 AM in response to Eurofootball

Apple TV 4K (2nd generation, 2021) support ARC/eARC to allow non-Apple TV sources to playback through the (larger) HomePod (2018) speakers, via Apple TV. Not for use with HomePod Mini. Use HDMI ARC or eARC with your Apple TV 4K (2nd generation) - Apple Support

Apple TV 4K (both models) support Dolby Atmos in combination with the (larger) HomePod (2018) speakers. Not for use with HomePod Mini. If you're using home theater audio with HomePod as your Default Audio Output, Dolby Atmos is already set up and you won't see the Immersive Audio option in Settings. Set up home theater audio with HomePod and Apple TV 4K - Apple Support

HomePods are not intended to be used in combination with soundbars.

DOLBY ATMOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.