Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID on my MacBook Pro is still using my old email ID

Hello,

The Apple ID in my MacBook Pro is still using my old email id instead of my updated Apple ID, because of this I couldn't sign-in to iCloud.

Mac OS prompts me the following message in a pop-up:

Enter the password for your Apple ID to continue using iCloud on this Mac: <OLD_EMAIL_ID>

Though I enter a valid password for my Apple ID that works in my iPhone, it throws me an error in my Mac OS saying it is not valid. I believe it is because Mac OS is still using my old ID here.

How do I update my Apple ID in my MacBook Pro not to use my old ID and use my updated email ID instead?

Thank you.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 11, 2021 7:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Similar questions

3 replies

Jul 12, 2021 8:58 PM in response to tygb

Thank you for the reply.

I followed the first link and tried iCloud steps, but somehow Apple ID settings shows my current valid email Id that I use.

But I keep getting Mac OS prompt with the following message in a pop-up:

Enter the password for your Apple ID to continue using iCloud on this Mac: <OLD_EMAIL_ID>

Not sure on how the Apple ID settings in my mac seems correct but OS kept prompting me for a password with old my email id for using iCloud on my Mac. This is frustrating and I couldn't get rid of this prompt and continue using iCloud in my mac.

Apple ID on my MacBook Pro is still using my old email ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.