on my mac when i choose system setting, click general there is no option for automatic updates

Apple is blocking me on my macbook, it asks for my apple id, i think its using a very old unused email for my Id, a Juno account that was discontinued years ago. I have been using my gmail address for quite some time. In the last few days I have been asked to use my phone for a new password for apple. I have done this several trimes, and still when i open the macbook, it asks for my apple password, i carefully enter the new password and it rejects the new password. This all seems to be connected to the icloud, i think that the old juno email my still be in the icloud as my screen name. I signed into apple via them web and it showed my old juno.com name. help.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on May 4, 2023 5:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2023 9:22 AM

Hello dbajaer,

For a forgotten Apple ID passcode, you'll want to follow the steps listed at If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support in order to try and reset it. Specifically use your Juno account. If you cannot access that account or the recovery account tied to it, then account recovery may be an option, which is listed at the bottom of that article under How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support.

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2023 9:22 AM in response to dbajaer

Hello dbajaer,

For a forgotten Apple ID passcode, you'll want to follow the steps listed at If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support in order to try and reset it. Specifically use your Juno account. If you cannot access that account or the recovery account tied to it, then account recovery may be an option, which is listed at the bottom of that article under How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support.

Cheers!

on my mac when i choose system setting, click general there is no option for automatic updates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.